Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Thank you!

I want to thank each and every one of you for your interest in Harriet and her adventures.

This adventure started for me after I had my first child. Being an author for many years, my thoughts turned to stories I could tell my own children. Being a collector of cows since, well, forever, it was only natural the stories ended up being about a bovine. I wanted something interesting and unique, and something that children could relate to...this is how she became so small. And, as most writers do, we grasp things from our own lives here and there and childhood memories of being the smallest in the family, in the neighborhood and school did lend to inspiration as well.

The final most important thing I wanted to add to the stories was fun. Humor lends to the giggles of children which is one of the most infectious and precious sounds in the world.

Here on this blog, I'll not only talk about the ebooks but the adventures of parenting, antics of children, and the genre of writing and illustrating in general....a little bit of everything in the barn so to speak....but hopefully entertaining.

So, pop back periodically and say hi--I love to hear from other readers, writers, and mothers, parents and/or caregivers who have children in their lives...for we all strive to give our children the greatest thing of all, knowlege.

No comments: